Effective from 20 August 2019
Welcome to ManagementWire.com (“ManagementWire”, “Calgiary”, “us”, “we”, or “our”).
This website is owned and operated by Calgiary Limited; a limited liability company registered in the United Kingdom with company number 08433969 and a Value Added Tax (VAT) number GB197320590.
We know and understand that you care deeply about how your personal information is used, shared, and stored. We take your privacy seriously and we have, therefore, taken reasonable care and efforts to make this Policy as simple, clear, and straightforward as possible. We would strongly recommend that you carefully read the Policy in its entirety.
This Policy applies to all visitors, users, and all others who access the Service (collectively, “Users”).
You can go straight to any section of this Policy by clicking on the appropriate link below:
When you use our Service, we collect information for the purpose of providing a better and more personalized experience for you as well as improving the Service. You control how much information you provide when you attend events and use our Service.
We collect the following types of information:
1.1 Information You Provide Us Directly
• Your mobile phone number when you register or create a user profile (i.e. account) on our Service.
• Event information that is provided by either event organizers or event guests. Such information includes; but not limited to; event dates, event venues, event descriptions, event invited guests, event photos & videos, and event conversations.
• Your contact list on your device when you either use the “Share with Friends” feature of our Service or when you invite guests to events by selecting person/people from the contact list on your device.
• User Content (e.g. photos, videos, comments, “Event Share”, “Event Like”, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
• Communications between you and us. For example, we may send you Service-related SMS messages (e.g. auto-generated mobile phone number verification passcode and auto-generated password), emails (e.g. email address verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, order notifications, technical and security notices).
1.2 Cookies and Similar Technologies
• More generally, our Service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of use of our Service, your favourite locations or your favourite categories. We may use this information in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate information enables us to improve our Service and prevent frauds.
• Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of Cookie is impaired or disabled
1.3 Log Information
• Log information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e. visit) a webpage or mobile app available on our Service. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
• When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log information, including but not limited to your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, referring / exit pages and URLs, how you interact with links and notifications on the Service, pages viewed, and other such statistics.
• We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
• In addition, we may use third-party services such as Google Analytics, Amazon Web Services Simple Email Service (AWS SES), Microsoft Azure Queue Storage, Microsoft Azure App Center, and Amazon Web Services Simple Storage Service (AWS S3) in order to increase/improve our Service’s features. These third-party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
1.4 Device Identifiers
• When you use a mobile device like a phone or tablet to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device.
• A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, data stored in connection with the geographical location of the device at the time of use (including GPS coordinates e.g. latitude and/or longitude, Wi-Fi location, wireless network triangulation), device type, device model, device manufacturer, or data sent to the device by us.
• To personalize our Service to you, we may collect and store your precise geographic location as part of your user profile on our Service. This information is generally not shared with others. We may ask for your consent on your first use of the service.
• A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third-party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized contents.
• Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
• Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
• Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a likes, comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
• Help you efficiently access your information available on our Service
• Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service.
• Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
• Develop and test new products and features of our Service.
• Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
• Diagnose or fix technology problems.
• Automatically update our application on your device.
• The personal information that you provide to us may reveal or allow others to identify some aspects of your life that are not expressly stated on your profile (e.g. your profile photo or your name may reveal your gender).
• We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any such email we send.
Personal Information about our Users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone outside Calgiary without your consent, except as stated in this Policy. We share your Personal Information only as described below:
3.1 Parties with Whom We May Share Your Information
• We may share your User Contents and information; including but not limited to information we may receive from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data; with organizations that help us provide our Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable privacy terms.
• We may remove parts of the data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
3.2 Parties with Whom You May Choose to Share Your User Content
• We offer a “Public Profile” feature that publishes certain information about you to the public Internet, this allows Users to find, discover, and follow you. This public profile will be indexed and displayed through public search engines when people carry out searches using certain search criteria e.g. your name, event name, etc. Public profiles do not include email addresses, phone numbers, dates of birth, or age.
• Any information User Content that you freely share with the Service becomes available to other Users participating in the same events as you are, or to the public. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others. We are not liable for actions of Users who may re-share your User Content.
• Polls and Surveys may be conducted by us, Users of Service, or third-parties. We or third-parties may follow up with you regarding your participation in such polls/surveys unless you have opted out of receiving follow-ups. In some cases, you may be asked to provide personal information to participate in certain polls/surveys e.g. your email address, phone number, etc. It is completely and absolutely up to you whether or not you provide this information.
• If you follow a person, you will be listed among the person’s followers, and your public profile information can be viewed by others including the person you are following.
• You can search for events, Users, and locations/venues using our Service e.g. open events near your geographic location, Users attending the same events that you have planned to attend, Users to follow, etc. We use personal information from our Services, including but not limited to geographic locations, contact lists on devices, favourite events, and favourite locations to inform and refine our search service.
• If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third-parties using the Service have copied or saved that information.
3.3 Compliance with Legal Process and Other Disclosures
We may disclose your information where required to do so by law or by judicial process or if we reasonably believe in good faith that such action is necessary to:
• Comply with the law and reasonable requests of law enforcement agencies.
• Enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements.
• Protect the security and/or integrity of our Service.
• Exercise and/or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our Service, our employees, our Users, or others.
• Exchange information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and risk mitigation.
3.4 Business Transfers
• In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred.
• If we, or substantially all of our assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred to or acquired by a third party.
• Your information such as phone number, name and email address, User Content and any other information collected through the Service may be among the items sold or transferred. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Calgiary or any part thereof may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
• Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom, the United States or any other country in which Calgiary, a company in the same group of companies as Calgiary or Service Providers, maintain facilities.
• We may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located outside the European Union (EU) or regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from the EU law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
• The security of your information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the information we have collected from you.
• Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and us, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the Social Media Services you connect to us make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
• Our Service and its contents are not directed at; or fit-for-purchase by; people who are under the age of 13 (“Children”).
• We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone who is under the age of 13 nor do we knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce our Policy by instructing their children to never use or provide information on our Service without the consent of at least one of their parents or legal guardians.
• In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from anyone who is under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information from our servers as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about anyone who is under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com
While it may not be possible to provide absolute guarantee regarding the security of our website, we have taken a great number of measures to ensure that our website cannot be managed/controlled without due & appropriate authorisation. These measures include the use of limited management accounts, the use of regular security updates and patches, and the use of additional remote access security layer such as multi-factor authentication.
7.1 Your Rights to Review, Update, Delete, and Close Your Account
Data protection legislation provides you certain rights when it comes to the processing of your information. You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you, and to ask us to correct, erase, or; in some cases; transfer your personal information to another service provider.
You may also have the right to withdraw your consent to processing, object to, or request that we limit or restrict certain processing of your personal information.
Any request to access the information that we hold about you, or to transfer your information to another service provider, may be subject to a statutory fee to meet our costs relating to processing your request. The current maximum fee we may charge you is GBP10.00.
In almost all cases, if you choose to exercise any of these rights, we will require further information from you that is necessary to action your request, including information required to identify you. We will take reasonable steps to action your request lawfully and promptly.
• Whilst using our Service, you can update and delete any information you provide to us directly via our service e.g. your email address, your geographical location, your favourite categories).
• You can update your profile at any time by logging in to our Service and changing your profile settings.
• You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails, SMS messages, or WhatsApp messages by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may still send you non-promotional emails.
• You cannot delete or update any information you provide to us via Social Media Services, directly on our Service e.g. your name, your location, etc. You would need to make any such update or deletion on platforms of the relevant Social Media Services. Please refer to the terms and conditions of relevant Social Media Services for more details on granting permissions to third-parties.
• You cannot delete or update any phone number that you provide to us directly via our Service, once the phone number has been verified by us using a verification passcode that we would have sent to you via SMS text message.
• You can choose to close/terminate your account on our Service at any time. To close your account, please send us an email from your primary email address; send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “CLOSE ACCOUNT” in the subject line. Please note that we do not respond to emails that originate from secondary email addresses or unverified email addresses.
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
7.2 Data Retention
• Following termination or closure of your account, we may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
• Any requests to terminate or close your account are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us by law or contractual agreements.
• If you have any questions about terminating or closing your account, please send us an email from your primary email address; send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not respond to emails that originate from secondary email addresses or unverified email addresses.
• Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on our websites, are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies. In addition, you agree that we are not responsible and do not have control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your User Content. If you are using a third-party website or service and you allow them to access your User Content you do so at your own risk.
• If you agree to the changes, simply continue to use our Services.
• If you object to any of the changes to our terms and you no longer wish to use our Service, you may delete your profile and close your account on our Service.
In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with our resolutions of questions or concerns you had raised, or if you wish to complain to the regulatory authorities, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by telephone on +44-303-1231-113, via their website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or by writing to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF, United Kingdom.